About John: I was born in Staten Island, New York and moved to Jamesburg, New Jersey at the age of 14. I may not have been born here, but I spent my summers here in New Jersey at my grandparents summer vacation home. Although it wasn't on the Jersey Shore, we did have a lake that I got to swim in everyday, so I kind of think that makes me a "Jersey Boy". I have always loved music. As a kid I sang-along to the radio, performed in school choirs and glee clubs in New York. I was the lead singer of a "Hairband" in the 80's, and thanks to Facebook we have reconnected and started playing again. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I love music. At the insistence of friends and family I decided to change my career and went to school for broadcasting. My first radio gig was at our sister station 1450 WCTC in 1999. I worked overnights, produced Rutgers Football and Basketball, and the Somerset Patriots. I was finally doing something I loved and before long I was producing the Morning Show and hosting a two-hour call in show on Saturday mornings on our sister station. In March of 2002 I was given the chance to move over to Magic and I jumped at it. I'm also an avid car enthusiast. I attend car shows regularly and I belong to The Garden State Crew-zers car club. You can see me cruising Central Jersey in my PT Cruiser while listening to the Magic 98.3! I think I'm pretty lucky, I get to play music with my band, go to car shows, and I have a job I love! No really, I LOVE what I do! I get to play a great variety of music, meet and talk with wonderful people (like you), and give away some great prizes!
Check out John's recent interview with Huey Lewis, of Huey Lewis and the News.
Listen with the player below.
Q & A With John Lisk:
1. Favorite Drink: Coffee
2. Favorite Dessert: Chocolate cake with whipped cream icing
3. Favorite Magic Artist: Bruce Springsteen.
4. Favorite Place in Central Jersey: My Home Town
5. Favorite Actor/Actress: Jack Nicholson/Michele Pfeiffer
6. Favorite Subject in School: Art, I loved to draw and was quite good at it.
7. Favorite Concert: Bruce Springsteen and the E-Street Band
8. Favorite Vacation Spot: Hawaii, been there twice followed by Disney World.
9. Favorite Athlete: I really don’t have one.
10. Favorite thing about Central Jersey: How close we are to everything, the shore, NYC and Philly.
11. Favorite TV show: The original CSI.
12. Favorite Movie: All Time: Pirates Of The Caribbean, I wanted to be a pirate when I grew up!
13: Favorite Magazine: Rolling Stone
14: What TV show Would you like a roll on: CSI or Law and Order
15: Worst Job I Ever Had: At one time I was in management…Hated it!
16: What Would You Do If You Weren't In Radio: Maybe work with a band...I love Music!